At St. Charles Borromeo the following websites are integrated and/or offer support to our students in their academic work. We invite you to visit them and explore.
Resources for Military Families
Free Homework Help for Military Children
- Tutor.com for U.S. Military Families (www.tutor.com/military) provides free, personalized 24/7 online academic support to military-connected children. This Department of Defense-funded program is provided at no cost to grades K-12 children.
Military Child Education Coalition
- The Military Child Education Coalition’s work is focused on ensuring quality educational opportunities for all military children affected by mobility, family separation and transition.
Military Interstate Children’s Compact Commission
- Ohio is one of 35 states which work to ensure that military children are properly enrolled in schools, have eligibility for school activities and have assistance with graduation requirements. Read more about the compact here.
Military Family Info from Center for Parent Information and Resources
- Information and links. Newsletter sign-up available.
- Touching Base is a quarterly U.S. Department of Education newsletter for the military community.
- Army OneSource, Army Child, Youth and School (CYS) Services works with parents, students and schools to mitigate the challenges resulting from children switching school systems because of family relocation or deployment of a parent.
Ohio National Guard’s Family Readiness Program
- This program provides information and tools for Ohio families, including educational resources, youth camps and recreational opportunities. Click here for Readiness Program website.
ODE Supporting Ohio’s Military Families
- State of Ohio’s page supporting Military Families. Information about Ohio’s policies and procedures.
- http://www.funbrain.com/kidscenter.html (Grade 2)
- http://www.brainpopjr.com/ (Grade 2)
- www.gamequarium.com/spelling.html (Grade 3)
- http://classroom.jc-schools.net/basic/la-spell.html (Grade 3)
- http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/diagrams2/one_pager1.htm (Grade 7)
- http://www.poetryoutloud.org/ (Grade 7)
- http://www.powerofthepen.org/ (Grade 7)
- http://www.merriam-webster.com/ (Grade 7)
- http://owl.english.purdue.edu (writing, grammar, style)
- http://johnmcgarvey.com/apworld/student/thesiscreator.html (thesis writing help)
- www.dailywritingtips.com (academic grammar, abbreviations, syntax, fiction and non fiction writing, scholarly writing)
- http://www.math-play.com/Elementary-Math-Games.html (Grade 2)
- http://www.coolmath.com (Grade 2)
- http://www.aplusmath.com (Grade 2)
- http://www.factmonster.com/games.html (Grade 2)
- www.aaamath.com (Grade 3)
Interactive Math Games/Activities
- http://www.biblegateway.com/ (Grade 7)
- www.sadlier.com (Grade 5 Religion)
- http://www.catholiccincinnati.org (Grade 5 Religion)
- http://www.scottforesman.com (Grade 5 History)