St. Charles School vision states,“Be it known to all who enter here that Christ is the reason for this school. He is the unseen but ever-present teacher in its classes, the model of its faculty and the inspiration of its students.” This philosophy is reflected in the atmosphere and attitude of the students. St. Charles School is successful through the practice of this philosophy.
The teachers and staff at St. Charles know that a student’s attitude toward school is largely based on their experiences in the classroom. Together with the parents, the teachers and staff work to build a solid base for the children during their formative years by establishing guidelines and teaching study skills. As the children grow and mature, they are required to be increasingly responsible for work and assignments. This is demonstrated through classroom and teacher exchanges, increased homework and service-learning projects.
Click Here for a copy of the Handbook_2019-20
- In addition to a strong academic curriculum, student life at St. Charles School is faith and fun-filled. We offer numerous extra-and co-curricular activities, a few of which are described below:
- Forensic Program—Students in TK—grade 8 learn poetry or a dramatic dialogue and present in front of their peers
- “Buddies” Program—Students in the upper grades are paired with “buddies” in the younger grades. These buddies attend Mass together, attend special school events together, and do holiday activities together.
- Numerous field trips throughout the year—some examples are Camp Kern, Victoria Theatre, Boonshoft Museum, area Metroparks, Carillon Park, etc.
- CYO Sports—Children of all ages have a chance to participate in sports, learn teamwork, sportsmanship and get some exercise.
- Boy Scouts and Girls Scouts—available for all ages
- Faith Families- All students in grades Kindergarten through 8th grade are placed in a Faith Family. Each family is lead by a teacher and an 8th grade student.
- Variety of Clubs and Activities- Click Here to see the list of opportunities at St. Charles School.