St. Charles School School creates a world of learning that emphasizes development in the Catholic Faith, academic excellence and diverse co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. The way in which St. Charles School meets the individual needs of your child is unlike any other.
At St. Charles School, your seventh grade student will receive superior academic instruction that touches the mind, body and spirit.
- In math, students use the latest technology to provide lifelong skills that will allow them to function well in an increasingly complex technological society. The rich curriculum offers the opportunity to work productively and reflectively.
- In language arts, they are exposed to classic stories and evaluate them with a variety of critical-thinking skills. Because it is imperative in today’s society that young people be taught to recognize, evaluate and understand the media messages that bombard us, students are taught to “read” media through media literacy lessons.
- In science, the students delve into Earth Science. Creative instruction includes hands-on laboratory work, computer modeling, a trip to the Challenger Center and other exciting learning modules.
- Spanish 1 instruction begins in seventh grade and enables students to increase their communication and thinking abilities, as well as the ability to fully appreciate and understand the world in which they live.
- Our weekly curriculum also includes art, music, computers, library, physical education and Spanish.
- Spanish is taught twice a week with our sixth graders and everyday for seventh and eighth grade students. In seventh and eighth combined students may test out of Spanish One and move forward to Spanish Two in High School. Mrs. Sandra O’Gorman teachers Spanish to all students in grades Kindergarten through Eighth Grade. To contact Mrs. O’Gorman click here.
Religious education is foremost in the minds of all the teachers in grade seven. We want the children to develop a vital, personal relationship with God—to proclaim and live in accord with God’s message. We strive to nurture a positive sense of self-worth and a deepening awareness of our responsibility to serve. Our focus is to live our faith as disciples of Jesus.
Mrs. Becky Mueller- English email Mrs. Mueller
Mrs. Deme Crinion- Religion
email Mr. Romer
Mr. Chris Bigelow- Science
email Mr. Bigelow
Mrs. Meredith Conner- Social Studies
email Mrs. Conner
Mrs. Jody Boeddeker- Math
email Mrs. Boeddeker