St. Charles School School creates a world of learning that emphasizes development in the Catholic Faith, academic excellence and diverse co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. The way in which St. Charles School meets the individual needs of your child is unlike any other.
At St. Charles School, your fourth grade student will receive superior academic instruction that touches the mind, body and spirit.
- In math, students begin to estimate, multiply and divide large numbers, add and subtract fractions as well as geometry. Multiplication facts are committed to memory up to the 12 times tables.
- In language arts, the students take part in the Accelerated Reading Program to improve and enrich reading skills. They also learn and apply their understanding of fiction and nonfiction comprehension strategies like summarizing, main idea, visualization, inferring, theme, etc. Content vocabulary, oral reading fluency, and word study skills are expanded on. Students also take part in frequent writing projects.
- In science, students will learn about the Earth’s surface, the engineering process, living things and their environment, and forms of energy The students also take part in the annual science expo.
- In social studies our focus is Ohio History and the regions of the United States
- Our weekly curriculum also includes art, music, computers, library, physical education and Spanish.
Your child’s faith will spread and expand throughout the total experience of each and every day. Fourth grade students at St. Charles School learn about and practice living the Beatitudes as a school-wide project. They pray as a community in weekly Mass, occasionally taking a leadership role in those Masses. They study the Ten Commandments, learning how they impact their lives. The students also learn about and practice social justice by taking part in various outreach projects during the year.