SafeParish™ is a learning management platform that provides a broad array of training, education, information, and programs for Catholic organizations. It is a child and workplace safe environment program specifically designed for Catholic entities. The technological core of SafeParish™ is McCalmon’s proprietary learning management software. McCalmon has more than 100 learning management platforms built from that core. McCalmon also supplies most of the content. McCalmon’s experts research, write, edit, and publish blogs, articles, podcasts, videos, and alerts on SafeParish™.
The SafeParish™ edition of Protecting Children from Sexual Abuse is fresh, innovative on-demand child safety training program for the prevention of child sexual abuse that incorporates video, interactive elements, testing, and reporting functions. SafeParish™educates adults who work with or around children on the vigilance and steps necessary to protect children from child sexual abuse. Trainees learn how to be safe adults—vigilant, educated people who protect children and young people by building a culture of safety.
Every person in a position which requires contact or interaction with youth or vulnerable adults must complete the SafeParish™ edition of Protecting Children from Sexual Abuse training session before they are permitted to work or volunteer within any of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati parishes, schools, or institutions. No one under the age of 18 is permitted to complete the training.
In addition to completing the training, employees and volunteers must stay current in completing their interactive video-based SafeParish™ quarterly bulletins on Child Protection in order to remain in compliance with the requirements of the Decree on Child Protection. Non-compliance will result in SafeParish™ account non-approval and non-compliant employees and volunteers will no longer be permitted to work with youth or vulnerable adults until compliance is reestablished. Please contact your local safe environment coordinator with questions regarding your SafeParish™ account or if your account is non-approved due to non-compliance with the decree.
- Navigate to https://www.aocsafeenvironment.org/registration/register.htm
- You will be prompted for a Passcode / Organization code – that code is protectcincy
- The next screen will ask you about your volunteer location. Choose St. Charles Borromeo Parish – Kettering from the dropdown list.
- You will also be asked for your role. Most people will select the box next to “Volunteer.” When you select “Volunteer” another box will pop up where you will further define your role. Most people will choose “Parish Volunteer” or “School Volunteer.”
- Select Next
- The next screen will ask you personally-identifying information that will be used in your background check and to retrieve information from Virtus (if applicable).