Dear St. Charles Parishioners,
The Archdiocese of Cincinnati has given us guidelines for resuming public Mass effective Monday, May 25. Here is our transitional plan for coming back to public Mass.
We will offer the opportunity to sign up to attend Mass through SignUpGenius. If you are not comfortable on the computer, you can reserve a space by calling the Parish Office at 937-434-6081.
**YOU WILL NEED TO BE SIGNED UP TO ATTEND MASS**
Registration will allow us to safely distribute attendance throughout our Mass schedule. There are several protocols you should be aware of before you choose to sign up to attend Mass:
- Discern the Risk—St. Charles cannot guarantee a perfectly sterile environment. you should take under consideration your age and health. Please stay home if you are sick or symptomatic. It is still recommended that those 65+ and those with underlying medical conditions remain at home.
- No Sunday or Holy Day Obligation—The faithful have been dispensed from their Mass obligation. We will continue to live stream the 9 a.m. Sunday Mass on our website and Facebook page.
- Limited Numbers—Due to restrictions being observed, the number of people who may attend each Mass will be greatly reduced. At this time, we will allow 60 family units to attend each daily and weekend Mass.
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday*: 8:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, Thursday: 7 p.m.
- Saturday: 5 p.m.
- Sunday: 7:30, 9, 11 a.m.
- *Please note, the Friday, 8:30 a.m. Mass is reserved for our higher risk population.
Please sign up for only one Mass per week to allow others the opportunity to receive communion. Consider a weekday Mass time, which may be less crowded. Monday-Thursday Masses will offer family care seating in the Borromeo Room for families with young children. You can select this option when you register for Mass.
New Norms/Liturgical Modifications
- Please wear a mask.
- Respect social distancing (at least six feet away from others) at all times.
- Families who live together may sit together without physical distancing.
- Follow marked indicators and ushers’ directions for seating in the Church.
- No Holy Water will be present in the Font.
- No distribution of the Precious Blood.
- Communion will be received on the hand.
- Refrain from Sign of Peace and hand holding.
- Socializing should be done outside the building.
More information and details about Mass attendance can be found by clicking HERE.
Thank you for your patience and participation in creating a safe environment. We will be making adjustments as we go along and appreciate your feedback. We look forward to being together again in this way.
Fr. Hank, Fr. Tim and the St. Charles Borromeo Parish Staff
CLICK HERE to Register for Mass